Our aim at ESPA is to help international students develop their professional experience through Internships in the UK and Ireland. Our work with interns has highlighted the challenges and frustrations faced by students. Contacting numerous companies, waiting for answers and selecting the best options that suits them. All this work and often no reward!
All of this feedback was the basis for making what ESPA is today. We are the bridge that connects companies offering unique work experiences with excited international students in an easy and supportive way.
Please see below the steps to follow, with some tips that might help you find your Internship through ESPA:
1. Register on our website. Thanks to the improvements on our new website, the registration process is easier than ever! Register here and after finishing the form you will have the opportunity to apply for our internship offers.
Please remember that our internships are for a minimum of 6 months. You need to be a student from a University that is part of the 33 Erasmus programme countries and eligible for an EU Erasmus+ grant or another grant that allows you to come to the UK or Ireland, for example Chamber of Commerce, or be able to financially support yourself.
2. Apply for an Internship that suits you. Once you have registered with us, you will have access to full details of all our live Internship vacancies. Whenever you find an opportunity that matches your profile and grabs your attention, click to apply. You can apply for more than one! This will send a notification to our HR team of your interest and you will be contacted within 1 week with some feedback that will help you to continue your application or with some guidance to help you to find the best ones for you!
3. Interview with ESPA. When our HR team finds a suitable opportunity for you, they will contact you for some more details such as when can you start your internship, your graduation date. If you meet the criteria, you will be invited to a Skype interview with HR to discuss your suitability for the role.
4. Interview with the potential host company. If our HR team considers that you have the skills and qualities for the opportunity, you will be invited for a final interview with the host company. They will give you more details about the role and ask some other questions about you. Finally, if you are selected everything will be organised by ESPA for your arrival, for example, communication with the host company, sourcing and securing accommodation, commuting details, welcome pack. If you are not selected, do not worry, our team will match you to other positions.
5. Agree on start dates and enjoy your Internship! Congratulations, you have been chosen by the host company! After agreeing on start dates the preparation will be very easy thanks to our accommodation team. You will receive all the information about your new house, some tips and a welcome pack will be sent to you with everything you need to know. Remember that we will provide you with a private room in a shared house with other young professionals, all utility bills and Wi-Fi paid and commuter travel to work provided, if necessary.
Do not wait any longer and register here with ESPA! Your dream Internship is waiting for you!